Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LisaBurnette
10+ postings

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2011 :  17:30:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello!
I'm hoping for a little direction. I have only just begun to research my family, my father is a Burnette and have started with Ancestry.com and a very few details about my grandfather. Fortunately I also recently connected with a "cousin" who is doing research of the same line of Burnette/Burnett. It *appears* that we descend from a long line of John Burnetts then a Thomas then a couple Alexanders back to Alexander of Leys. At this point I realize that is a stretch to assume any of this is correct. I've been *trying* to get through George Burnett's book and as soon as I finish typing this am going to order The Holly and The Horn. But if possible could someone shed some light on the ancestry of this John Burnett 1610-1685 who came to America, Rappahannock VA m. Lucretia Johnston 1629-1709?

John's father may have been Thomas 1574-1644 of Aberdeenshire m. Margaret Johnston.
Thomas son of John 1540-1612 Aberdeenshire m. Isabell Johnson
John son of Alexander m. Janet Hamilton

then back further to Alexander I m. (?)Elizabeth Forbes a descendent of STEWART/STUART (VERY interested in this line)

My more recent Burnette's are from North and South Carolina... My particular interest at the moment are the Burnettes from Campobello SC to Madison County NC late 1700's to early 1900.

Does any of that sound even remotely familiar or correct? Am I headed down the right path?

Thanks!
Lisa

Tosh
25+ postings

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2011 :  20:32:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds familiar---I'll have to look in June's book. I think that is where your answers are.
Go to Top of Page

fburnett

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2011 :  18:52:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our family is from the same lineage. I have tried to get as many documents as possible through ancestry.com. My profile is fburnett1964. Are you related to any George burnetts?

Frances Burnett
Go to Top of Page

tiffburnette

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2012 :  00:48:12  Show Profile  Visit tiffburnette's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Lisa,

I have barely begun my search for the family history however I happened upon this site the other day and found your post. I am a Burnette, my fathers family lives in North Carolina near Asheville. I have a book about the Burnette's of the NC mountains. Let's get in touch!

tiffburnette@gmail.com

Best,
Tiffany

quote:
Originally posted by LisaBurnette

Hello!
I'm hoping for a little direction. I have only just begun to research my family, my father is a Burnette and have started with Ancestry.com and a very few details about my grandfather. Fortunately I also recently connected with a "cousin" who is doing research of the same line of Burnette/Burnett. It *appears* that we descend from a long line of John Burnetts then a Thomas then a couple Alexanders back to Alexander of Leys. At this point I realize that is a stretch to assume any of this is correct. I've been *trying* to get through George Burnett's book and as soon as I finish typing this am going to order The Holly and The Horn. But if possible could someone shed some light on the ancestry of this John Burnett 1610-1685 who came to America, Rappahannock VA m. Lucretia Johnston 1629-1709?

John's father may have been Thomas 1574-1644 of Aberdeenshire m. Margaret Johnston.
Thomas son of John 1540-1612 Aberdeenshire m. Isabell Johnson
John son of Alexander m. Janet Hamilton

then back further to Alexander I m. (?)Elizabeth Forbes a descendent of STEWART/STUART (VERY interested in this line)

My more recent Burnette's are from North and South Carolina... My particular interest at the moment are the Burnettes from Campobello SC to Madison County NC late 1700's to early 1900.

Does any of that sound even remotely familiar or correct? Am I headed down the right path?

Thanks!
Lisa

tiffany burnette
Go to Top of Page

dwillia259
5+ postings

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2013 :  21:23:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I know you posted this sometime ago,but thought I would post anyway. We seem to be from the same line of Burnetts. I have done research and followed our family line all the way back to Alexander Burnard. You are welcome to take a peek at my tree it is
Williamson/Burnett family tree. I am in Nashville Tn and there are still quite a few Burnetts in the Tennessee area. I hope your search goes well!
Deborah
Go to Top of Page

Sue B Honey

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2014 :  17:52:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too am trying to connect with John Burnett but from 1578 who had a son Thomas who had a son John 1610 along with many others including my ancestor Alexander Burnett 1620, thank you for all the info for me to try and connect.
Sue
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Burnett Forum © 2016 Burnett of Leys Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000