New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

JudyLynnW
10+ postings

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2009 :  23:11:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just heard a report by John Burnett today on National Public Radio, so thought I'd start this thread with someone other than Carol! I actually e-mailed John a couple of years ago asking if he knew anything about his family tree ... never got an answer, come to think of it

Read about John at www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1936301 -- here are a few snippets from that site:

Normally, he focuses on the issues and people of the Southwest United States, providing investigative reports and traveling the U.S.-Mexico borderlands. His special reporting projects have included New Orleans during and after Hurricane Katrina, the U.S. invasion of Iraq and its aftermath, and many reports on the Drug War in the Americas. His reports are heard regularly on NPR's award-winning newsmagazines Morning Edition, All Things Considered and Weekend Edition.

In 2006, Burnett's Uncivilized Beasts & Shameless Hellions: Travels with an NPR Correspondent was published by Rodale Press.

But listeners may say that one of his best remembered reports is an audio postcard he filed while on assignment in Peshawar, Pakistan, about being at six-foot-seven the "tallest American at a Death to America" rally.

*former HOB Board of Directors member*
Descendant of William Burnett (1734-1818) & Margret
of Ballylummin, County Antrim, in the North of Ireland
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Burnett Forum © 2016 Burnett of Leys Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000