Introductions
 Banchory Pipe Band and the Burnett connection
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Banchory Pipe Band

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2013 :  12:49:18  Show Profile  Visit Banchory Pipe Band's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear all,
I just wanted to introduce the Banchory Pipe Band, a band kindly sponsored by James Burnett of Leys.

We are a local band to Banchory and Crathes an take great pleasure in being associated with the Burnett family and the wearing of the family tartan, kindly given to us by James Burnett.

We number around 35 members and play at events throughout the year including sessions at Crathes Castle and at various shows at Milton of Crathes and in Banchory.

We look forward to perhaps meeting some of the far flung Burnetts during the 2013 gathering and please do introduce yourselves if you see us.

Events we are playing at are available from our Facebook account (address on our profile). http://www.facebook.com/#!/banchory.pipeband.9?fref=ts

Kind regards,
Rob Brownfield
Drum Major
Banchory and District Pipe BAnd

Banchory Pipe Band is kindly sponsored by James Burnett of Leys and wears the Burnett family tartan.

chris
Administrator

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2013 :  16:16:58  Show Profile  Visit chris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome Rob,

Great to see a pipe band on Banchory again after a break of s few years. Do you have any photos of the band in the Burnett Tartan? I'll be delighted to post them on the Burnett website.

Chris
(Webmaster and also Banchory Rotary)

Resident of Crathes, Webmaster, Proprietor of ScotGold Products - www.scotgold.com
Go to Top of Page

Jewelbn
5+ postings

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2013 :  02:29:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love to hear bagpipes. Thank you for the link. Thank you for posting this information. Keep playing beautiful music. I would like to see the Burnett tartan up close. The kilts were a little far to see the design.

Julianne Burnett Nielsen
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Burnett Forum © 2016 Burnett of Leys Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000