New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jewelbn
5+ postings

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2013 :  01:03:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, my name is Julianne Burnett Nielsen. I know my great-grandfather, John Thomas Burnett, sailed, as a child, to New Zealand in 1864. His mother, Susan Hunt Burnett died while on board, before they got to NZ. His father's name was James Burnett. James later married Fannie Fairbrother and together they had 7 children, . James also had two children from a previous marriage, James and Mary. They arrived at Kaiahor and lived for a time with William Burnett, an uncle. Later rented a grocery store and lived in the back.
John apprenticed for two years, 1875-1877? as a wagon maker. He then sailed on the ship, City of Sidney, to America. He was 17.
James Burnett was born 29 May, 1825 in Bishop Stortford, Hartsford, England. John Thomas Burnett was born 25 October, 1860, in Bishop Stortford, Hartsford, England.
I would love to know anything I can about this family in New Zealand. Thank you.

Julianne Burnett Nielsen

Edited by - Jewelbn on 22 Apr 2013 01:43:59

Jenpimentel44

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2013 :  18:28:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello! My name is Jennifer Berger Pimentel. My great, great grandfather was also John Thomas Burnett. Here is a link that you might think is pretty cool. It's the history of his life and tells about the time he spent in New Zealand and the people involved. Hope this helps!

Jennifer Pimentel
Go to Top of Page

Jenpimentel44

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2013 :  18:31:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.celestialfamily.org/Genealogy/histories/burnetjt.htm

Sorry- here it is!

Jennifer Pimentel
Go to Top of Page

disconbob

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2013 :  21:01:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello! My name is Stewart Burnett Johnston and my great great grandmother was Mary Burnett ,John Thomas's sister. She was married to
Joseph Johnston (who was the brother inlaw mentioned in the flood)and they had 5 children.And i know she spent the rest of her days there.As for the 5 children i know some stayed around Christcurch .My great grandfather's full name was Arthur Robert Burnett Johnston. And he passed down the Burnett name to all his children as a middle name and it is still being passed on now.
Go to Top of Page

Jewelbn
5+ postings

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2014 :  21:47:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jenpimentel44

Hello! My name is Jennifer Berger Pimentel. My great, great grandfather was also John Thomas Burnett. Here is a link that you might think is pretty cool. It's the history of his life and tells about the time he spent in New Zealand and the people involved. Hope this helps!

Julianne Burnett Nielsen
Go to Top of Page

Jewelbn
5+ postings

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2014 :  21:51:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jennifer. Thanks for your interest in my topic. I do have a copy of John Thomas Burnett's Life History. I have read it several times. I was hoping for more details about the family in New Zealand. Perhaps after John Thomas left for America. What did the Burnetts who stayed in New Zealand do. Also, more about the life they led while John Thomas was living in New Zealand.

Julianne Burnett Nielsen
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Burnett Forum © 2016 Burnett of Leys Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000