Burnetts of Arbroath
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kevinsmeme

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2013 :  13:36:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am researching the Burnett family of Arbroath. From a marriage record Charles Webster Burnett married Isabella Fairweather Stephen 8 Feb 1871. His parents are listed as Alexander Burnett and Jessie Clark. I did find an Alexander Ware Burnett b. 1783 Forfar d. 1863 married Margaret Robertson. I am trying to prove this parentage. Any help would be appreciated. You can contact me at kevinsmeme@aol.com

dougburnett
5+ postings

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2014 :  02:22:27  Show Profile  Visit dougburnett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Kevin. I just sent you an email but in case this helps others, my Burnett line also comes from Arbroath (from 1700 to 1860). Alexander Wear Burnett is my 3rd Great Grandfather. I have taken his lineage back to 1434. You and I are both descendants of Alexander Burnett and Janet Hamilton, founders of Crathes Castle.

Have you already made progress on this line? My records on FamilySearch.org have an Alexander as son of Alexander Wear Burnett. He's listed as being born in Sep 21, 1822 in Arbroath.

I'd be happy to chat more about this to share lineage info and stories from our family history.

Cheers

Doug Burnett
burnett@dougburnett.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Burnett Forum © 2016 Burnett of Leys Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000