New to the forum - Burnetts of Texas and Californi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lauraloc

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2014 :  21:57:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am the granddaughter of George Woods Burnett (12/8/1906 [Sugar Pine, CA -4/6/1988 [Yuba City, CA]), and related to a line of Burnetts of Texas (Washington Jefferson Burnett; 1/1/1815 [Kentucky] -3/12/1892 [Ennis, Texas]). I am wondering how to figure out if my Burnett line is related to the Burnett of Leys line. I would appreciate any advice that other forum members might be able to provide me. Thank you.

Laura Lochner

Tosh
25+ postings

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2014 :  14:27:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The first place I would look if I had Burnett ancestors that moved through the the south would be June Bork's extensive book, "The Burnett's and Their Connections." If you can't find it, contact with some of your details and I will check my copy for you.

You can contact me a johnburnettlaw@gmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Joe

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2015 :  22:50:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not sure of your reference to the Burnetts of Texas. My grandfather, William Jasper Burnett, was a rancher in West Texas. His line was Harrison Burnett, Mark Burnett, Pleasant Burnett, Thomas Burnett, Thomas Burnett, John Burnett, and Thomas Burnett (Baronet of Leys). The last names are at times spelt with one letter t. Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

dsburnett
10+ postings

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2015 :  06:55:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Laura

Hello there I hope this finds you in good will. I have family in Texas so, if you'd like I can assist with what information you have. you can contact me through here or at my email address at: danielsburnett7@gmail.com. I have a lot of information on most of the Burnetts in Texas and I am a direct descendant of the Burnett of Leys line.

Daniel

DSB - Director
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Burnett Forum © 2016 Burnett of Leys Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000