Hello from Ohio
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

deputynurse

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2014 :  15:01:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been doing genealogy off and on for over 25 years. My 2nd G.Grandmother was Sarah Alice Burnett. If my research is correct I have traced that line back to John Alexander Burnett, 11th Laird of Leys. I am now retired and can spend more time on my tree. I am a full member of Ancestry.com and have been for a few years. I have talked with and have met cousins I did not know existed. I was born and raised in SW Ohio on a farm but have lived in Illinois (for 4 yrs) and in NC (for 35 yrs). This past year I have become a member of the House of Burnett and hope to travel to Aberdeen Scotland in the near future and visit the Crathes Castle. I will be glad to help anyone with research needed in this SW area of Ohio. Happy hunting to everyone and to everyone a Blessed day.

Barbara L Fowler

Candysinc

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2014 :  08:14:45  Show Profile  Visit Candysinc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deputynurse

I have been doing genealogy off and on for over 25 years. My 2nd G.Grandmother was Sarah Alice Burnett. If my research is correct I have traced that line back to John Alexander Burnett, 11th Laird of Leys. I am now retired and can spend more time on my tree. I am a full member of Ancestry.com and have been for a few years. I have talked with and have met cousins I did not know existed. I was born and raised in SW Ohio on a farm but have lived in Illinois (for 4 yrs) and in NC (for 35 yrs). This past year I have become a member of the House of Burnett and hope to travel to Aberdeen Scotland in the near future and visit the Crathes Castle. I will be glad to help anyone with research needed in this SW area of Ohio. Happy hunting to everyone and to everyone a Blessed day.

Go to Top of Page

Candysinc

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2014 :  08:19:57  Show Profile  Visit Candysinc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello there. My name is Steven Burnett and I grew up on a farm near Fort Knox , KY. Does your line go back to John Burnett, who fought in the revolutionary war?
quote:

Go to Top of Page

deputynurse

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2014 :  19:43:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At this time I do not have a John Burnett during the time frame of the Revoluntionary War and none from Kentucky. Almost all of my Burnett ancestry that are not from Ohio come from NY, NJ, CT, and Aberdeen, Scotland. Of course that is not to say that I may not come across one in the future. Will keep you in mind if I do.
quote:
Originally posted by Candysinc

Hello there. My name is Steven Burnett and I grew up on a farm near Fort Knox , KY. Does your line go back to John Burnett, who fought in the revolutionary war?
quote:

Barbara L Fowler
Go to Top of Page

dougburnett
5+ postings

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2014 :  01:43:30  Show Profile  Visit dougburnett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello distant cousin! I am a member of the House of Burnett and I live not too far away in Chicago. I lived in Oregon most of my life but moved to Chicago for work. My extended family and I have been doing genealogy work on our Burnett family line for many many years. My line branches out after Alexander Burnett and Janet Hamilton (the founders of the Crathes Castle). I have records that take my Burnett line back to 1434.

My wife and I are actually going to visit Crathes in 3 weeks. I'd love to hear what you have discovered. Would you be available to talk sometime?

Doug Burnett
burnett@dougburnett.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Burnett Forum © 2016 Burnett of Leys Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000