Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lairdray
5+ postings

Australia
8 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2016 :  05:11:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Eileen,
Are you aware of any research having been undertaken on the branch of William Burnet of Slowie. I appear to be descended from William and am having all sorts of trouble trying to align OPR records with the "official" tree (the Geni tree appears to be created verbartim from the visual tree created in 1893) and just doesn't seem to line up properly.
I know that there were mistakes acknowledged in the tree and was wondering if Williams branch may have been one of those.
I can trace back with verified OPRS to the children of Robert Burnet (c 1600) and Christian Burnet) but cannot locate OPR records for him back to William. William is listed as being born c 1527 so he would have to be around 73 and his wife 70 when Robert was born. The tree shows Robert as his son which I believe to be incorrect, more likely he was the son of Rev Thomas or even his son James.
Have exhausted all available means to solve this, are you able to assist.
Thanks,
Ray & Robert Burnett

Eileen Bailey

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2016 :  16:06:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello
My apologies for the delay in responding to your query.
I have looked through all the research findings that we currently hold in respect of William Burnet of Slowie/Slowy and have not found a link to the Robert that you mention. As far as I am aware, the Rev. Thomas did not have a son Robert but, as you will have discovered during your research,the old church baptismal/birth records did not always include the mother's name making the correct connection that much harder. We also have to take into account the facts that not all births/baptisms were recorded, the records were not always very accurately kept and not all have survived.
Research on the Burnet(t)s is always ongoing and, hopefully,we may find this link in due course.
Best wishes
Eileen

EAB
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Burnett Forum © 2016 Burnett of Leys Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000