Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Burnett Forum
 Ask Eileen
 Which Burnette Ancestry line do I descend?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Michelle Baker Russell

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2016 :  23:59:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My name is Michelle Baker Russell. My paternal grandmother was Selma Fonda Burnette, daughter of William Hillard Burnette and Celia Watts. William Hillard Burnette's father was James Merritt Burnette, who was the son of Thomas Wade Burnett, I believe. I believe Thomas Wade Burnett was the son of William T. Burnett, who was possibly the son of Joseph Burnett. Almost all of my Burnette ancestors here in the United States are from the Buncombe County, Cruso, or Haywood County, NC area. I am tryng to find out from which Burnette ancestry line I descend. Any information anyone can share would be greatly appreciated. Many of my ancestors stlll reside in the Burnette's Cove area in NC and the majority of my deceased ancestors are buried in Gwyn Cemetary in Cruso, NC. My correct email address is MishLBaker@yahoo.com.

Michelle Baker Russell

Eileen Bailey

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2016 :  16:35:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Michelle.
Thank you for your query. Unfortunately I do not have any genealogy on the Burnette family that you refer to, however, there was a posting some time ago in the section of the Forum that relates to the Burnetts in N.America. That posting was in connection with Burnettes in NC and Clay Burnette who posted it gave a contact e-mail address which might be worth following up to see if there is a connection between your two family branches.
Good luck with your search.
Eileen

EAB
Go to Top of Page

Eileen Bailey

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2016 :  22:18:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello again Michelle.
My apologies for referring you to the wrong section of the Forum. What I should have said was the "Burnett Genealogy" section not
"Burnetts in N. America".
Best wishes
Eileen

EAB
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Burnett Forum © 2016 Burnett of Leys Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000