Andrew Burnett & Mary Mc Donell
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brongenres

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2017 :  02:59:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a descendant of Andrew and Mary Mcdonell through their oldest daughter Elizabeth born c 1824 Glengarry Scotland. She married Henry Tully in Durness 7th Jan 1852. I have Andrew Burnett's birth c 1800 in Glengarry to Thomas Burnett and Mary Moffatt. Mary Mcdonell's parents were William Mcdonald/Mcdonell and Mary Mitchell. I am looking for more history of these families in the Glengarry area.

Henry Tully and Elizabeth (Burnett) along with their children sailed on the "Great Britain" to Australia in 1862 (voyage 22 June 15- August 14 1862). Elizabeth died on Aug 9 1907 in Captains Gully near Newstead Victoria.

Eileen Bailey

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2017 :  12:05:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did some research on this Burnett family which has descendants in New Zealand and the findings are in Edition 21(March 2013) of the Burnett Banner which can be access through the Burnett website. Unfortunately there are no death records for the parish of Kilmonivaig(the parish in which Andrew & Mary Burnett lived when he was a shepherd in Glengarry).I have not been able to trace the marriage or the deaths of Thomas Burnett & his wife Betsy Moffat.
Best wishes.
Eileen

EAB
Go to Top of Page

Brongenres

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2017 :  02:38:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks for your reply. In your research on Thomas and Betsy Burnett you mention that "From details on several death certificates, the parents of Andrew Snr. and siblings were a Thomas Burnett, Shepherd/Farmer and Betsy/Betty Moffat." Would you be able to give me details of the siblings of Andrew? This would help fill in the naming patterns etc and give me some clues to follow up. Do you have any clues on Mary McDonald/Macdonells family?

Edited by - Brongenres on 10 May 2017 06:08:58
Go to Top of Page

Eileen Bailey

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2017 :  16:31:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apology for the delay in responding.
The siblings of Andrew that I have found were Jane, Betsy & David.
The children of Andrew & Mary were Betsy(Elizabeth), Mary, Jane, William, Thomas, Alexander, David, Catherine, Andrew, Donald & Johann.
Best wishes
Eileen

EAB
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Burnett Forum © 2016 Burnett of Leys Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000