Burnett Genealogy
 Burnett (northeast Scotland)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dcb123

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2009 :  05:21:50  Show Profile  Visit dcb123's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

My name is David Coull Burnett. My father emigrated from Scotland to Canada in the 1900's.

I have done a fair amount of genealogical research on the Burnett and Coull families.
If interested you go to two of my web sites.

Genealogical
http://www.myheritage.com/site-73114101/burnett-family

Historical
http://members.shaw.ca/dcb123/burnett.html

Contact me any time.
dcb123@shaw.ca

David
Canada

chris
Administrator

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2009 :  21:32:42  Show Profile  Visit chris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard David,
Nice website you have too!

You say 'Ancestrally we descend from the Burnett's of Craigmyle and the Burnett's of Monboddo within Scotland..Others moved on to be of Kemnay or Leys.'
Just a wee comment: Craigmyle, Monboddo and Kemnay (plus others) are branches off the Burnett of Leys line.
I note that you have the arms of the current head of the family, Mr James Burnett of Leys, on your website. These are his personal arms and not that of the family or 'clan' and perhaps should have a note to that effect. Please feel free to download and use the Burnett Crest on your website.

You may also want to link to the Burnett family tree on www.geni.com

Kind regards

Chris

Resident of Crathes, Webmaster, Proprietor of ScotGold Products - www.scotgold.com
Go to Top of Page

annabelb

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2014 :  18:49:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi David - I think we may be related - I think your Elizabeth Burnett who married David Laing is my GG Grandmother. I hope you get this message and look forward to chatting about this with you
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Burnett Forum © 2016 Burnett of Leys Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000