Greeting from Illinois
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rmns5

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2010 :  07:39:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all and greetings from the state of Illinois! I really hope this forum will help me understand my family's history. I look forward to reading the Burnett history and hope to offer some history of my own at some point!

Brian Burnett

BeeJayMcDee

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2013 :  21:00:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, Brian,
There have been, and probably are, a lot of Burnetts in Illinois. My 3rd Great Grandfather Absolom Burnett died in Denver, Illinois, having sprouted eleven branches by 3 different wives. Perhaps you fit in there somewhere. I am willing to share what I have learned...Brenda

Brenda L. McDole
Go to Top of Page

PhilTil0419

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2014 :  02:18:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Brian I`m also a burnett in IL spfld I have some genealogy info going back to John Burnett who was born in Aberdeen Scotland in 1611 and John burnett II who was born in Es*** Co. Va. in 1660
Go to Top of Page

dougburnett
5+ postings

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2014 :  01:51:38  Show Profile  Visit dougburnett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm also a Burnett in IL (Chicago). My line was in Aberdeen (from Alexander Burnett and Janet Hamilton, the founders of the Crathes Castle), to Arbroath in 1700, then USA in 1860. I have records that take my Burnett line back to 1434.

Coincidentally, I work for Leo Burnett, a global ad agency. I'm still trying to find how I'm related to him.

I'd love to chat with any fellow Burnetters to share lines and stories from our family histories.

Doug Burnett
burnett@dougburnett.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Burnett Forum © 2016 Burnett of Leys Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000