Hello, anyone heard of Hewitt Burnett ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

emma

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2010 :  16:24:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I'm new here, and have posted on the introductions board, but thought I'd increase my chances if I came here as well.
I'm descended from Burnetts in Durham, Bishopwearmouth to be precise. I've managed to get back to 1778, ie the birth of Hewitt Burnett, who married Elizabeth Somerville in 1804, but I'm now stuck. We have links to the Gledhills, Berries and Huttons as well if that rings a bell.
If anyone has any info regarding this branch I'd be really grateful to hear from you. Of course I'll be happy to help if any info I have may be of use to you, as we do have some family papers, a couple of 19th Cent wills, details of graves, etc, all in respect of the Durham area.
Thanks in advance, best wishes, Emma.

kenny825507

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  13:49:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Emma, I am also new I have wanted to research my Family for years as we used to have a family Bible that traced our history back to the earl of Somerville (unfortunately this was passed to relatives in the 1950's I think they lived in Oxford). The Bible I have shows my Great Granddad as John Howard Burnett born in Sunderland and he married a Margaret Ann Berrie.

His father was George Burnett and Spouse Sarah Gledhill
He had a brother Samuel 1845-1871 and a sister Elizabeth Somerville 1852-1874 (she married Robert Miller Berrie in 1869 who is the brother of Margaret Ann Berrie who my great Granddad married)
Mr Great Granddad had 8 children and one of them Wilfrid Somerville Burnett 1884-1955 is my Granddad he died in Edmonton you mentioned Tottenham (which is next to Edmonton) so I guess we are related but by which descendants I am not sure.

My Great Granddads father was George but two George's were born around the same time one to Hewitt and the other to yet another George (not sure if they were brothers)

so any details you have managed to find out about the Durham branch in the last two years would also help me.

Ken
Go to Top of Page

kenny825507

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2014 :  16:41:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Emma
I have not heard from you for a long time now.

I have tried emailing you to now avail.

Did you get any more details?

I have over 5,000 people in my Tree

Amazing how many ended up in Utah
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Burnett Forum © 2016 Burnett of Leys Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000